Little Foxes aims to ensure that all parents/carer can share information in the confidence that it will only be used to enhance the welfare of their children.
It is a legal requirement on the nursery to hold information about the children using the nursery and the staff. Basic information is used for registers, invoices and for emergency contacts.
Little Foxes respects confidentiality in the following ways:
- Parents have ready access to their child’s learning journal and any records of their own children but do not have access to information about any other child.
- To seek permission from parents/carer should any information be requested for whatever reason.
- Staff will not discuss personal information given by parents with other staff members except where it affects planning for the child’s needs and/or the welfare of the child.
- Staff induction/supervisions include an awareness of the importance of confidentiality of the key person approach. Each member of staff will be given a copy of our confidentiality policy as part of their induction.
- Students on placement when observing children in the nursery are advised of our confidentiality policy and are required to respect it.
- We have a clear policy on the use of mobile phones, cameras, tablets or ipads in the nursery.
- We have a clear policy which prohibits staff, students and volunteers discussing work, work related issues, children and families on any social networking site.
- We have a clear disciplinary procedure which sets out clear steps of action if confidentiality has been breached.
If however a child is considered to be at risk our information sharing policy will override our confidentiality policy.
All information held at Little Foxes is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and will be treated accordingly.
All information held by Little Foxes will take into account of the Freedom of Information Act 2000